The Society of Hospital Medicine, Pacific Northwest Chapter
Annual RIV Competition
- The Pacific Northwest Chapter will be hosting a poster competition for our quarterly meeting November 17th.
- Any member is eligible for participation. We encourage members to submit their application to the national meeting in addition to this chapter event.
- Abstracts may be research, an innovation or clinical vignette.
- Research submissions can report clinical research, basic science research, or a systematic review of a clinical problem.
- An innovation abstract will be more descriptive than quantitative, but can include preliminary data of a pilot type program. Innovations should have been fully implemented in the health care setting in order to be considered.
- A clinical vignette is a report of one or more cases that illustrates a new disease entity or a prominent or unusual clinical feature of an established disease, highlights an area of clinical controversy in hospital medicine, or illustrates a unique patient safety issue.
- Applications with abstract are due by 5PM October 28th.
- Just submit your abstract as a word document via e-mail.
- The character limits are the same as for the annual meeting
- 3,000 total characters including spaces
- Maximum of two figures/graphics, each of which count as 200 characters
- Please refer to the National Meeting RIV Guidelines for further details and examples. Link to the HM17 RIV Submission Site
- Applications can be submitted as a word document attachment via e-mail to email@example.com
- Winners will be announced on the spot!
- We will designate four semi-finalist posters, ideally one from each category as well as one student or resident poster.
- Each semi-finalist will be allowed to present their work to the group.
- For the top student or resident poster, the Chapter will cover expenses to attend the national meeting.
- For the top poster, the abstract will automatically qualify for the national RIV competition.