THANK YOU FOR PRESENTING YOUR WORK!!!
Thank you to all our wonderful members who will be sharing the fabulous work and most interesting cases with the chapter for our annual chapter poster presentation. We are expecting eight posters!
If you are presenting November 17th, refer to these specifications for displaying your work:
- Please be sure to RSVP that you will attend the event by sending an e-mail to our gmail address, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Posters will be displayed on easels. Authors will need to provide cardboard or other rigid backing in order to display the poster on the easel. (Note that for the national meeting, posters are usually displayed on a soft surface and secured using push pins.)
- There are no size restrictions for our chapter poster meeting event. (Note that for the national meeting, in the past, posters boards have been 4 feet high by 8 feet wide and the recommendation was that the poster should fit within the dimensions of 42″ high x 72″ wide.) In our experience a size of roughly 3’x4’ seems to work well. There is no restriction on font, but generally a size of 30 or higher for the body of the poster seems to provide good legibility.
- For the local meeting, our top three to five poster presentations will be invited to present to the group. We would like to project your poster on a large screen. Please e-mail an electronic copy of your poster to email@example.com.
We are happy to have a few submissions for the upcoming poster contest, but we’d love to see even more. Our goal is to have ten posters. In effort to increase the number of posters, we have simplified the process.
If you are interested in and available to present a poster for our fabulous November 17th event at the Fairmont Olympic Hotel, then simply e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your poster title and the authors (one of whom must be available to present on 11/17).
This is a great local opportunity with the chance for national recognition!
Dr. Roger Bush gave a talk on the ABIM’s new approach to maintenance of certification. His slides are available here: shm-_moc-presentation-dr-bush-22-sept-16
1) PNW South Sound Event October 26th 6-9 PM at CI Shenanigans on Ruston Way, Telemedicine Panel
2) Annual Chapter Poster Competition November 17th 6-9 PM at The Fairmont, applications due October 28th. For further details on how to apply, click here:
Chapter RIV Contest Information
The Society of Hospital Medicine, Pacific Northwest Chapter
Annual RIV Competition
- The Pacific Northwest Chapter will be hosting a poster competition for our quarterly meeting November 17th.
- Any member is eligible for participation. We encourage members to submit their application to the national meeting in addition to this chapter event.
- Abstracts may be research, an innovation or clinical vignette.
- Research submissions can report clinical research, basic science research, or a systematic review of a clinical problem.
- An innovation abstract will be more descriptive than quantitative, but can include preliminary data of a pilot type program. Innovations should have been fully implemented in the health care setting in order to be considered.
- A clinical vignette is a report of one or more cases that illustrates a new disease entity or a prominent or unusual clinical feature of an established disease, highlights an area of clinical controversy in hospital medicine, or illustrates a unique patient safety issue.
- Applications with abstract are due by 5PM October 28th.
- Just submit your abstract as a word document via e-mail.
- The character limits are the same as for the annual meeting
- 3,000 total characters including spaces
- Maximum of two figures/graphics, each of which count as 200 characters
- Please refer to the National Meeting RIV Guidelines for further details and examples. Link to the HM17 RIV Submission Site
- Applications can be submitted as a word document attachment via e-mail to email@example.com
- Winners will be announced on the spot!
- We will designate four semi-finalist posters, ideally one from each category as well as one student or resident poster.
- Each semi-finalist will be allowed to present their work to the group.
- For the top student or resident poster, the Chapter will cover expenses to attend the national meeting.
- For the top poster, the abstract will automatically qualify for the national RIV competition.
An inspirational evening thinking about the evolution of caring for people and populations. Dr Greeno – one of America’s most influential executives in healthcare and our Society of Hospital Medicine’s President Elect – shared a fabulous and enlightening evening with our Pacific Northwest SHM membership May 11.